Summer Reading 2023
All Together Now
We’re All Together Now for Summer Reading 2023!
Join the GLS Summer Reading Program for fun activities and win prizes for reading all summer long. The fun kicks off June 1, 2023 and ends August 4, 2023. Read what you like, attend library programs, and complete activities at home to earn points for a chance to win a GRAND PRIZE at the end of summer. We are keeping it fun by providing incentives and prizes along the way.
Our Summer Reading Program is for GLS patrons of all ages. Here’s everything you need to know to participate:
How to Register
Register for the GLS Summer Reading Program by either:
- Contacting us by phone at 1-800-248-6701 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Completing our Summer Reading Registration Form; OR
- Creating a free Beanstack account and registering for the 2023 GLS Summer Reading Program. You can access it online by going to https://gls.beanstack.org. Or, find it in the App Store or the Google Play Store.
How it Works
Once you have registered, you can now start earning points. There are several ways to earn points. One hour of reading is equal to one point. Or, you can earn one point by completing one activity from our summer reading activities list. For example, if you read for two hours and complete an origami activity, then you have earned three points. Each age group has a specific summer reading point goal they are encouraged to reach. Remember, when you reach the goal for your group, keep going. The person in each age group who earns the most points will receive a special grand prize.
The point goals for the 2023 GLS Summer Reading Program are:
- Kids (8 years old and younger): 10 points
- Tweens (9 -12 years old): 20 points
- Teens (13 – 17 years old): 30 points
- Adults (18 years old and older): 40 points
How to Report Your Points
Let us know how many points you have earned to receive your prizes. We have three ways to report your points:
- Contacting us at 1-800-248-6701 or email@example.com,
- Completing the weekly Google form, OR
- Logging your points on Beanstack. Beanstack is a fun interactive platform where you can record and track your progress. Create a free account to get started, and download the mobile app or access it online by going to https://gls.beanstack.org.
Upcoming Summer Events
Braille COVID-19 Resources from CDC
by Sarah Trowbridge | May 11, 2023
To make sure everyone has the information they need to protect their health, we are pleased to...